Wednesday

The Young Teenager


In the name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful
Assalamualaikum

Title: The young teenager

We are fortunate we have eyes, yet there are blind people who see the path clearer. We are fortunate we have ears, yet there are deaf people who hear Allah’s call louder. We are lucky we have abled-limbs, yet there are disabled people who are quicker to stand in front Allah for salah (prayer) We are fortunate we have a tongue, yet there are the mute who make more dhikr than us. Are we using or abusing our gifts? - Ibn Khalid

I witnessed something amazing in the MRT today. A young teenager, entered the train in the cabin that I was in & everyone stared at him. Why were we staring at him? Because his hair was messy and he was dressed shabbily. He wore this black T-shirt that had grey patches all over, and he matched that with this pair of brown pants that was crumpled, with one side of its pocket torn. Really, I mean you could literally see the pocket hanging loosely by its side. He was dark skinned; which suggested that he was probably a Malay, and his face was oily.

His body language potrays the image of someone who has low self-esteem, someone who has no self-confidence in himself. He started to feel self-conscious about himself, but he maintained his cool. He was nervous, and I could see that look of fear in his eyes. So he stood next to me and the only thing that separates us, was this pole. After some time, I noticed that he was fishing something out from his pocket. It took me quite sometime to realise what the object was. & then I realised, it was actually the mini Al-Quran & he began to recite it softly.

I was like, masyaAllah. Subhanallah, that really caught me by surprise. I don't know why, but this just amazes me to no end. This is really a rare sight. And all of a sudden, I felt soooo ashamed of myself. Because I have the Quran application downloaded into my phone but I hardly ever read them in public. Maybe once or twice, but I didn't really make it a habit. Now, what do I have to say about myself? Shame on you Susu, shame on you.

Seeing him reciting the Quran, makes me want to reach home fast and recite the Al-Quran too. Complete with Tajweed, and probably with a little bit of Tarannum too. It's been longggg since I've last applied Tarannum into my recitation. I guess I should start practising it all over again. Blessed is the mother of this young man. Al-fateha. May Allah make all his affairs easy, insyaAllah.

No comments:

Post a Comment