Thursday

The Kind Village Man



In the name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful
Assalamualaikum

Title: The kind village man

And I created not the jinns and mankind, except that they should worship Me. [51:56]

Diary extract from my Jakarta trip Day 7:

Dad went to perform the Friday prayers at a local village mosque near our hotel earlier today. When he got back from the prayers, I found tears in his eyes and I asked him why. And this was what he said:

' The mosque was old and worn-down. There were sooo many people that I could not even enter into the mosque. So a large group of us had to pray by the roadside. I was with this unknown local village man. I stood next to him. I felt a little awkward because everyone was staring at me. From the way I was dressed, they they figured that I wasn't a local. I had no sejadah in hand. I had nothing to use as my prayer mat. Everyone around me was using newspapers as their prayer mat. While I was looking around for an extra copy of a newspaper, the man who I stood next to passed his sejadah  to me and said this: '

Village man: Pak, tolong dipegangkan sejadah ini sementara buat saya ya. Saya ingin beli koran(suratkhabar) di kedai itu sebentar.
Dad: Oh bisa, bisa aja.

Then when the man returned from the shop, he laid the newspaper that he bought on the floor(roadside), and used that as his sejadah. Then he smiled to my dad and told him to use his sejadah instead. Subhanallah. The people here are so nice masyaAllah! May Allah bless that man. ]'=

No comments:

Post a Comment