Sunday

The Perfect Waleemah


In the name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful
Assalamualaikum


Witnessing the wedding of Al fadhil Ustaz Hasbi Hassan's son on the third day of Syawal. And I am awe struck, at just how Islamically beautiful, the wedding is. I've alwayssss disliked attending a typical malay wedding because of the loud music, absence of a musollah etc (may He forgive, and guide us all insyaallah). But this waleemah, is perhaps one of the best, that I have ever been to.

A white tent was set up to divide the hall into two, to ensure that ikhtilat between the muslimins and muslimats are well observed.

The bride and groom need no kompang/kuda kepang accompaniment to mark their entrance into the wedding hall. They casually walked into the hall, with so much calm and nuur on their faces. The couple were humbly dressed too, that it could put guests with thick make/bling bling outift to shame.

Almost all the guests that came, had their aurat perfectly covered. The Kendarat ladies on duty, are quite worthy of mention because their tudung were labuh and they wore loose fitting abayas.

No nonsensical lovey dovey dangdut songs were on play, no karaoke. Only Qasidahs, Burdahs, and nasyeed were heard. And even that, were played at a reasonable volume. When the azan came, people took turns to pray. Great care must be taken, when it comes to Solat; especially when you're at a wedding. You can be the groom, the bride, or the cook even, but please remember to take the Solat with you. And this is something I would remind to my flawed self too.

In particular for the Bride. Some brides choose to Qadha' their Zohor, because taking ablution will ruin their make-up. But how can we expect for a marriage to be successful and blessed, if we begin our married life by abandoning the first pillar of Islam, in pursuit for the perfect wedding?

This my brothers and sisters, is how a waleemah should be like. How can Allah not give His Blessings, to a marriage that holds their waleemah with so much sensibility to the Deen?

150 years down the road, if Allah were to bless me with a man whom He wills for me to love and marry, I would hold my wedding the exact same way too. But chances are, zeroooooo I know. Because who'd want me for a wife, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment