Saturday

Imaan



In the name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful
Assalamualaikum

" People say to you; you've changed. Well I hope for the sake of Allah you have changed. Because I don't want to be the same person all my life. I want to be growing, expanding. I want to be changing. Animate things change, but inanimate things don't. Dead things don't change. And the heart should be alive. It should be changing, moving. It should be growing, it's knowledge should be expanding."
- Sheikh Hamza Yusuf

One day you feel like you are on the top of the world. You recite the quran, did all your fardhu prayers on time, practiced the sunnah, had no issues with your family members, and you truly felt like your iman was at the peak of a coaster ride.

And there are other days when, you might have missed your Fajr prayers, and got into a little misunderstanding with your parents. You realised, your iman have hit a little too low.

Why?
Because Allah has mentioned in the Quran, that mankind was created weak. 

The way I see it, Iman is like a gem.
It is so precious, it requires lots of effort and strength, to protect it from crumbling into pieces. 

We may have spent years to instill Iman in ourselves. But yet at the same time, we could lose it in the blink of an eye. Especially IF we fail to maintain it with ikhlaas and ihsan. If we do not strive to put ikhlas in our 'ibadah, it would be hard for us to remain steadfast in the Deen.

I pray for our hearts, to be constantly filled with a lifetime's worth of imaan, ikhlas, and ihsan. For these to develop, the ruh within ourselves, needs to be educated. It needs to be trained to recognise the Al-Khaliq, all over again.

Ruh dan hati itu perlu didik.
Ia perlu merujuk kembali kepada Al-Khaliq.


How?

Did you forget that we have been gifted with a Book?
It came from the Most Exalted, The Most High.

The greatest reason for weakness in Imaan, is being detached from the Book of Allah. This detachment can kill our spiritual being. The longer we stay away from the Book of Allah, the further we will stray. Na'udzubillahhi min dzalik. If we do not read it, if we do not ponder over its meanings, do we still need to wonder why our Imaan have hit an all-time low?

If at this very moment, you feel that you have completely lost your imaan, know that the guilt you are feeling, is also a Mercy from Allah. Because some hearts have been hardened so much, that sins mean nothing to them. So get back up while you are still under the Mercy of Allah, and build your imaan all over again, from scratch.

This process of change will take years. But change can only happen, if you make the first brave step forward, to declare a change. Trials and tribulations will come. Because imaan is not something that can be developed, within a year or two. Imaan, cannot be granted to any random Ahmad, Ali, or Aishah unless they have spent their while life doing a jihad against their nafs, to act upon the belief of the shahadah.

Losing imaan is not okay.
To wait for imaan to miraculously appear, is not okay.

You gotta put in effort.
Start small.

Mujahadah itu pelu.

O Allah, place light in my heart, and on my tongue light, and in my ears light and in my sight light, and above me light, and below me light, and to my right light, and to my left light, and before me light and behind me light. Place in my soul light. Magnify for me light, and amplify for me light. Make for me light and make me a light. O Allah, grant me light, and place light in my nerves, and in my body light and in my blood light and in my hair light and in my skin light.”  Bukhari and Muslim
The soul still seeking for peace,
Suhaidah Amran


No comments:

Post a Comment