Monday

Importance of Doa for parents


In the name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful
Assalamualaikum

We spend more hours in school/workplace, than we do at home. And we wonder then why the rate of divorce here is high. We are working hard because we have bills to pay. We are studying hard because we want to get into a good school. Soon, with much effort & determination; you'll get your money, and you'll get your PhD. Then, with a little bit of luck, you'll find someone you fancy and you'll start a family. But what comes after that?

I love my parents so much that just by looking at them can make me cry. All the 'NG scenes' that we have been through together as a family have taught me about the importance of believing in faith, iman. As dad would always tell me; faith is important so guard it. Perhaps his faith in Allah was what that kept him going, to keep this family closely bonded together.

My dad and I; we have a lot in common. I could feel his pain, just by looking into his eyes. I could feel when he is genuinely happy, just by listening to his laughter. Y'know, every time he gets back home from work; I can't help but to feel so thankful to Allah for bringing him back home safely. He has worked so hard for years, to give both my sister and I; the best possible education that we could ever receive. & really, probably only Allah knows the kind of hell that he has been through to ensure that there is always enough food on the table for us to eat. 

It is through hardship, that I truly learn about the value of love. Every morning before I leave for school, dad would always tell me: Kakak, please study well and take good care of yourself. It's a very simple simple simple reminder, but yet I find it very meaningful for me. He's a hero in my eyes for always ensuring that we receive nothing but the best. He is a hero in my eyes for being the most patient,and strongest man alive. & if I could sum up one thing about living with hardship; it has taught me how to appreciate even the littlest of things.

I still can't get over the fact that I will be turning 20 next year. It is thaaat of a big deal for me because 10years from now I'll be 29; probably engaged, already married, or perhaps even dead. But only if it has been decreed for me to of course. But as of now, I sense a change in me. I've started to see things from a different point of view. I've become more formal, and firm in all the decisions that I make. No more of fooling around, no more of behaving like a little kid demanding attention from all around. No more of all that, insyaallah. Period.

My focus for now apart from my studies; would solely be on my parents. Often, we don't really know how to truly value the presence of someone that we love until they are truly gone for good. Our parents especially. Please oh please, don't take them for granted. They are getting older by the day; if you haven't already noticed. Forgive them, and let our ego out of the way. The focus for me right now is really to just prepare my parents for their 'old age', although they are only in their mid 40s now, lol. To prepare them for their 'old age', it would have to start with me. It have to start with me getting a good education and a stable job with a reasonable salary. So then, my parents could retire early and I can support them financially. It's like I've got the whole thing mapped out inside of my head. But ultimately we can only plot and plan, but He is the best of planners.

For every after fardhu prayers, I always spend more time in making lotsa doa' for my mum and dad with tears streaming down my face badly each time I do that. I fear so badly that they will leave me before I could even graduate or get married. I fear so badly that I'll have to live by my own at such a young age without having them around; should it be decreed that they 'leave first'. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I honestly don't know why I am feeling this way. It'll be my greatest fear. But yet at the same time,I enjoy making a doa for my parents. It is a way of therapy and gives me the best spiritual experience ever. I feel contented after making the doa because through the doa, I know I am leaving them in the care of Allah swt. It makes me happy. :')

Something to share with you about:

A mother or father will find themselves upon death in a high position in Jannah and they will ask Allah:
"By Allah, how can I be in a position such as this, when I feel I do not deserve such a position?"

And Allah will answer them:
"It is because of the doa for you from your son/daughter."

That is why Prophet Muhammad saw encouraged children who have lost their parents to constantly make doa for them. Just their doa can save them from the punishment of the grave. Here's a story that speaks about the importance of making a doa for our parents.

"Prophet Muhammad saw once passed by a woman who was laughing with her friends and he said to her taht her father is being punished in the grave. The woman went home and cried to Allah to save her father. When Prophet Muhammad passed by the lady's father's grave, he heard silence(meaning there was no more punishment). He then went back to the lady to inform her that her doa saved her father from further punishment from the grave."

Enough said.

The soul still seeking for peace,
Suhaidah Amran

No comments:

Post a Comment