Tuesday

Welcome Back



In the name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful
Assalamualaikum

Title: Welcome Back to Singapore

Welcome back to Singapore Susu, welcome back. The 1 week trip to Jakarta had been a fruitful one for me and my family. It is not just about the shopping, and the sight-seeing that mattered most to me. There's more to that. There are soooo many things that I want to share; from how we first arrived at the airport, to how my dad got chased by a group of kids living by the streets begging him for food.

Our hotel was located not too far away from this local village; Jalan Kalipasir. The condition of this village is probably thrice as bad than compared to the ones you usually see in Malaysia. Every morning, my family and I would take a walk in this village. Despite how shabbily dressed the village people were, that didn't stop them from greeting us, with that beautiful smile of theirs. We engaged ourselves into small talks with the villagers and through our daily conversations, I developed a strong feeling of love for all the villagers there.

At times I wonder, how could they be sooo pleased with the simplicity of life that they are living in right now? The children in this village, at one glance, you probably wouldn't even dare to approach them and give them a hug or something because their shirts were dirty. But I did anyway, lol. They had this sweet little look of innocence in their eyes that makes my heart melt each time my eyes meet theirs.

There was this particular baby, who stole my heart away. He was a beautiful baby. Fair skinned, chubby, and his skins were soft, smooth and delicate to the touch. He would give me a soft smile, each time I peck a kiss on his cheeks and bable some child-friendly funny sounds to him. But there was something about his eyes that made him look a little different from the other babies. But it is this very same pair of eyes, that made him special than the rest. This baby, he has Down Syndrome and his mother confirmed that with me. Although he has Down Syndrome, his mother was not ashamed of that at all. She'd carry him in her arms, and showed him off to practically everyone who passed by.

I've heard of people giving their children up for adoption the instant they know that that are some deficiencies in their children. But this lady was different; she's a strong one. Given the bad financial state of condition that she is in right now, she could havejust gave the baby up for adoption and make some money from it. But she didn't alhamdulilah. Isn't she something? She'll be a great mother for that baby. I know she will. Al-fatehah. May Allah make all her affairs easy insyaAllah.

I guess that shall be it for now. I'm still tired from the flight and I need to get some rest. There will be more stories to come. Till then! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment