Thursday

Baseera



In the name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful
Assalamualaikum

One day, 
the distance between us will fall apart. 

And in time to come, 
we will soon learn to know,
the hikmah behind what was once unseen.

I seek a closure.
I seek an answer.
And if you will...

I could have waited,
I could have patiently waited,
for 10 more years, if I had wanted to,
if you needed me to.

But...

What I have hope,
became a torn rope.

Why did I even bother,
to agree to the wait?

Because who could guarantee,
that you would be, my soulmate?

I fear that I may thread the wrong path,
for a wrong decision made, will cost me a lifetime of regret.

This is a gamble,
a risk both you and I, have agreed to take.

So to Him I turned, 
to Him I prayed.

I had asked for Him;
to keep you steadfast in the Deen,
to protect you from harm,
to give you only the best in all that you do.

One fine day,
I had asked for Him,
to give me a sign;
that if you were not meant to be mine, 
I needed to know the reason why.

And I waited.

As the years passed by,
The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful,
finally revealed me the answer.

Nothing too divine,
but it was all logical, real, and clear.

I saw it with my eyes.
I heard it with my ears.

And I cried,
one whole night.

How dare you.
But how silly, it was of me too.

No man is perfect,
but this flaw is too huge,
one that I cannot accept.

To err is human,
But to err without guilt,
what will that turn you into?

Afala ta'qilun
will you not ponder and think?

Perhaps one day, I will write a book.
To reflect on how much I have grown,
from a whiny little kid,
to one who is able to stand strong on her own.

And until then...

Dear you,
I leave you with 5 words.

Hold on to your iman.

~ The soul still seeking for peace, 
Suhaidah Amran

No comments:

Post a Comment