Thursday

Still Alive



In the name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful
Assalamualaikum

Hello.

I am still well, and alive. I've stopped writing, to make way for life. I have set some new life goals that I want to achieve. I thought of sharing it here, for keepsake.

1. Obtaining a driving license. Class 3A (Auto).

I enrolled into BBDC in July, and I passed both my theory tests in just one attempt. At the moment, I am still attending driving classes as I have not cleared my practical classes yet. Yesterday we did parallel parking, and boy it was so difficult. But I am glad my instructor was patient with me. We laughed so much, to the point I had tears in my eyes because I did a silly mistake. He was thirsty, so he reached for his water bottle. He took one big sip, and just before he could swallow it, I mounted a kerb. I was about to do a left turn, but forgot to check for my turning point and tadaaa. He almost choked on his drink! The 'feel' of the effect was quite strong because I accelerated too much, lol. I was apologetic of course. He was like: "Masyaallah! Boleh sakit jantung ni" // I applied for the fixed group instructors scheme, and all of my instructors are malay (guys). It was awkward at first, but alhamdulillah they are all really really nice, funny, firm, patient (all-in-one). I always look forward to attending practical classes. And I hope to at least attain my driving's license before Hari Raya in 2015. (':

2. Started work at My Islamic Journey. (Masjid Sultan)

I was directed to this job opportunity by a family friend. MIJ is an Islamic Madrasah Enrichment Centre that provides Islamic Religious Education (IRK) to children/youths with special needs. I was given a form class to teach IRK on every Saturdays. Most of the children in my class is diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), and Global Developmental Delay (GDD). It makes teaching a whole lot more challenging, but I learnt something new about myself along the way.

3. Fitness Journey

Recently, I've made it a habit to exercise regularly, and maintain a healthy diet. Signed up for gym, and aerobics and I run on alternate days of the week. Favourite gym has got to be the one at Orchid Country Club. #muslimswithmuscles

4. Internship

I will be starting on my internship this March 2015, specializing in Special Needs Education (Early Intervention). A path I have always wanted to embark on. I am fully aware of the risk that I am about to take. That it is not going to be easy, and I have to face each day positively. Cliche, but whatever. Upon graduation, in 2016, I have to serve a three year teaching contract with the Ministry of Education. Prolly I'd be teaching in a school for typically developed children. After the 3 years, I will make a career switch and return to practice intervention on a full-time basis.

5. Pergas

Will be completing SLPI this year. Can't believe I completed SPI in 2011, and now I am about to finish SLPI (a 3 years course). This will be my third year, my final year. Prolly gonna miss my Sunday routine when this ends.

6. I'm turning 21!

That's really old eh? I think I have matured a lot, over the past few years. At 17/18/19, I was quite emotional and gullible. Now in my early twenties, I am starting to view things differently. In a better way. I have grown stronger, and that's for sure because to all the boohoo guys and girls who have wrecked my heart into two, I;ve learnt to forgive and sincerely wish Jannah for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment