Friday

A pleasant surprise


In the name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful
Assalamualaikum

Title: A pleasant surprise

Run if you can, walk if you must. Crawl if you've got no choice.
But above anything else, never, ever give up.

I feel like giving up on my Pergas SLPI studies. It's held at Kembangan twice weekly; 6.30pm - 10.30pm. It's exhausting, really. But then I recalled what my parents told me: Nak cari ilmu, macam-macam dugaan nya. Take this as a form of Jihad my dear. Jangan menyerah. Renew your niat. Who are you doing this for? Keep it for the sake of Allah. & that is the only source of motivation that I have, to keep me going.

It's been a month. I've survived this hectic schedule for a month. And I'm still surviving, thank god. Right now, at SLPI we're learning about Sejarah Khulafa' Rasyidin and it's giving me a complete headache. I could hardly keep my eyes open during the lesson last night. & when it was time to go home, I felt so giddy, my vision went blurry, & I feel like I was walking on air. I walked around with my eyes half closed.


So I reached home at about11:30pm last night. I was totally drained of my energy. I wanted to kneel down & cry because I was totally exhausted. When my dad opened the house gate for me, he looked at me in the eye & said:

Dad: Can you do me a favor?

Me: Huh? Ya sure. What?
(although I was already really very tired, I almost wanted to give him a 'no' for an answer.)

Dad: I want you to try on your new pair of shoes & see if it fits.

Me: Huh, what new shoes?

Dad: Come on in & you'll see.

& when I entered the house, there was a box lying on the dining table. I opened the box, & in it was a pair of new shoes for me. Shoes from Jazz. It is identical to the one that I have right now; except that it is very old & worn out already. Jazz; I know it can't even hold a candle to other popular shoebrands like Vans, Converse, Nike, etc. It's cheap & it's not popular. But I don't mind that at all. Because it's the thought that counts.

Then my mum told me: Y'know, when your dad heard that there were holes in your shoes, he wanted to buy a new pair for you immediately. So aft work, he went to Causeway Point to look for an identical pair cos he knew it was your favourite shoe. He couldn't find any, but he didnt stop searching. He went to several other shoeshops in Woodlands, but he still couldn't find the exact same pair. So at last, he went to Woodlands Central & he found that very same pair of shoes & purchased it immediately. Have you thanked him? I bet it must've been tiring for him.

Subhanallah. I cried myself to sleep that night because I was sooo touched, I was at a loss for words. I didn't even request for my parents to buy me a new pair of shoes because I just wanted to make do with what I have. Subhanallah. Now I have even a stronger reason why, I should not give up on my studies. It's because my parents love me. Oh gosh daddy. )': ♥

O Allah. I just can't believe how fortunate I am to have such a thoughtful man for a father, and an amazing woman for a mother. Please bless my parents with a long life. I want them to see me succeed in life. Someday when I am married with a kid or two in my arm, I will tell them about this great father I once had. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment